An at-home colon most cancers check is much less exact, however can catch a excessive share of colon most cancers instances. Cologuard is accessible by prescription from well being care suppliers at Norton Immediate Care at Walgreens clinics.
Whereas a colonoscopy is one of the simplest ways to seek out and deal with colon most cancers or rising indicators of the situation, many individuals have fallen behind on getting their screenings this 12 months.
An at-home colon most cancers check is much less exact, however can catch a excessive share of colon most cancers instances. The Cologuard check is accessible by prescription from well being care suppliers at Norton Immediate Care at Walgreens clinics.
Norton Immediate Care at Walgreens
With eight clinic places and prolonged hours, a colon most cancers screening is simple and shut by.
Name (502) 629-1234, possibility 3
Right here’s the way it works:
- Schedule a effectively go to to talk with a Norton Immediate Care at Walgreens supplier about Cologuard.
- The package will likely be mailed to you — no particular prep, no want for time without work or adjustments to your weight loss plan or remedy.
- Acquire a stool at house and mail the package again.
- Outcomes will likely be accessible in your free MyNortonChart account, and also you’ll be contacted by your Norton Immediate Care at Walgreens supplier. The outcome additionally will likely be forwarded to your main care supplier.
The eight Norton Immediate Care at Walgreens clinics in Louisville and Southern Indiana are staffed by Norton Healthcare suppliers. Most insurance coverage are accepted, and self-pay choices can be found. You may schedule your appointment conveniently on-line or by calling (502) 629-1234, possibility 3.
These over 45 ought to get examined each three years. These with a historical past of colon most cancers, adenomas or different associated cancers or different excessive dangers for colon most cancers and people 75 or older ought to have a colonoscopy.
- Your half — amassing a stool pattern — is finished at house.
- By in search of DNA mutations and different indicators of potential colon most cancers, the check can establish colon most cancers in its early phases, earlier than signs seem.
- No bowel prep or dietary restrictions are required.
- There’s no anesthesia, and it’s noninvasive.
- For those who’re uninsured, it’s cheaper than a colonoscopy.
- Insurance coverage sometimes covers most, if not all, of colon most cancers screenings, together with Cologuard. In keeping with Cologuard, greater than 94% of its sufferers don’t have any out-of-pocket expense.
- For those who check optimistic, you’ll nonetheless want a colonoscopy. The optimistic check may lower the insurance coverage reimbursement in your colonoscopy as a result of it could be thought-about diagnostic, not screening, at that time.
- Not like a colonoscopy, the check doesn’t deal with colon most cancers, as a result of it doesn’t enable for instant elimination of polyps or tumors.
- It doesn’t look at your entire colon.
- For those who’re uninsured, it’s dearer than a fecal immunochemical check (FIT).
- It’s not accessible if in case you have higher-than-average threat.
- A medical research confirmed 13% of sufferers with out most cancers nonetheless examined optimistic (false optimistic). False negatives — colon most cancers instances Cologuard missed — have been 8%.