– Zoom’s Stock Falls On Growth Concerns, Will It Rise Back?
Zoom’s stock (NASDAQ: ZM), declined by 23% in the last twenty-one trading days. In comparison, the broader S&P500 rose by 1.8% over the last twenty-one trading days. Zoom, an American communications technology focused on videotelephony and online chat services through a cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform, saw its stock fall after its Q2 FY 2022 (ended July 2021) results at the end of August. For Q2 FY 2022 the company reported revenue growth of 54% y-o-y, while earnings grew to $1.04 per share compared to $0.63 per share in the same period of the previous year. The stock fall was fueled by future growth concerns due to the slowdown in the online segment as people have started traveling again. Now, is ZM stock poised to grow? Based on our machine learning analysis of trends in the stock price over the last ten years, there is a 70% chance of a rise in ZM stock over the next month (twenty-one trading days). See our analysis on Zoom’s Stock Chances Of Rise for more details.
Five Days: ZM 1.5%, vs. S&P500 -0.3%; Outperformed market
(46% event probability)
- Zoom’s stock rose 1.5% over a five day trading period ending 9/08/2021, compared to the broader market (S&P500) which declined by 0.3%
- A change of 1.5% or more over five trading days has a 46% event probability, which has occurred 276 times out of 597 in the last two years
Ten Days: ZM -14%, vs. S&P500 0.5%; Underperformed market
(6% event probability)
- Zoom’s stock declined 14% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to the broader market (S&P500) rise of 0.5%
- A change of -14% or more over ten trading days has a 6% event probability, which has occurred 38 times out of 592 in the last two years
Twenty-One Days: ZM -23%, vs. S&P500 1.8%; Underperformed market
(2% event probability)
- Zoom’s stock declined 23% over the last twenty-one trading days (one month), compared to the broader market (S&P500) rise of 1.8%
- A change of -23% or more over twenty-one trading days has a 2% event probability, which has occurred 10 times out of 581 in the last two years
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market since 2016.
See all Trefis Featured Analyses and Download Trefis Data here