Betterment, the largest, independent online financial advisor, today announced it will be piloting a new line up of financial advice packages, expanding its access to personalized advice from licensed financial experts. This new service furthers Betterment’s commitment to making advice more accessible and personalized.
“At Betterment, we are always looking for ways to innovate on how investors receive financial advice, especially our customers,” says Nick Holeman, CFP®, Senior Financial Planner at Betterment. “When speaking with them I’ve found that financial planning questions most often come up around major life events such as marriage, saving for college and retirement. We’re excited to offer these packages to all of our customers regardless of balance. There is clear value that comes with providing access to quality advice at a low, fixed cost.”
Betterment customers will now be able to purchase individual financial advice packages to receive in-depth guidance around various life events. These packages include a personalized action plan and educational content related to the life event or financial goal they are seeking guidance on. All calls will be staffed by a licensed financial expert. Existing customers will be able to purchase any of the following packages for a one time fee:
- Getting Started package: For new customers who want confirmation from a professional that they’ve set up their account correctly.
- Financial Checkup package: For customers who would like a professional review of their investment portfolio and situation.
- College Planning package: For parents or guardians who are looking to send their children to college in the next 5-18 years.
- Marriage Planning package: For engaged or newly-married couples to get advice around combining assets and accounts.
- Retirement Planning package: For anyone who has started saving towards retirement and wants to see if they are on track and investing correctly for their goals.
Each package will range from $150–$500.
“From the beginning, Betterment’s mission has been to empower people to do what’s best with their money,” says Jon Stein, Founder & CEO of Betterment. “We believe these new packages align perfectly with that goal and let customers choose exactly how, when and at what level they want to receive advice.”
These financial advice packages will be made available for all Betterment and Betterment for Business customers in Q4. For more information, please visit: https://www.betterment.com/financial-advice-packages/.