People who send private messages are not so concerned about deliverability and email open rate as people who are faced with marketing campaigns on business. The latter should be privy to the concept of email deliverability as the success of an email campaign hinges on deliverability. The more messages reach the target destination, the more robust your company will be. If you are willing to raise your company awareness and its revenue, you need to follow some useful tips and test email delivery with cutting-edge tools. You are welcome to read our guide if your aim is to reach the inbox.
Test Email Delivery to Take Control of Email Deliverability
Statistical data on the quantity of messages which reach the primary recipient’s inbox and the quantity of emails which fail to pass spam filters and fall into the junk folder is considered to be deliverability rates. Taking into account this gathered data, you are supposed to stay out of trouble with email open rate and overall email campaigns in the future.
These are some points why deliverability rate is crucial and why it is important to test email delivery:
- An email campaign is likely to fail if your messages don’t end up in the inbox no matter how well-thought-out they may seem. Consequently, to check email deliverability is an effective way to tackle the issue.
- In light of the fact that there is a significant rivalry, appropriate deliverability policy will come in handy to make your emails reach the inbox and stand out among others.
Bear in mind that it’s important to test email delivery before launching an email campaign. Various tools like email checkers or spam checkers will be useful.
Conduct an Email Deliverability Audit and Improve Sender Reputation
The more you know about email delivery and your target audience, the more measures you can take to succeed. One of the efficient measures is to carry out an email deliverability audit. With its help you will get the possibility to keep record of different behavior statistics like open rates or bounces. An email deliverability audit provides you with the data whether your emails reach your prospects and enables you to adjust the marketing strategy. Perform an email delivery test to be certain your messages land properly. That will increase your chances of having a good open rate for emails you have sent. Bear in mind this is essential to your sender reputation.
To achieve a fine reputation and high delivery rate in the long run, follow some effective practices:
- Provide opt-in and opt-out features.
- Don’t omit the warm-up process.
- Authenticate your emails.
- Monitor spam complaints.
- Detect unengaged recipients.
IP Reputation: Factors which Matter
Issues related to email deliverability may make you suspicious of your IP reputation. IP reputation rates can be of three types: bad, neutral and poor. If your IP reputation is neutral, your messages may be accepted in the inbox. IP reputation is vital for email deliverability as spam filters monitor it in the first place.
IP reputation is affected by the following factors:
- ESP quality. Respected email service providers care about their reputation, so they do their utmost to protect shared IPs from spammer’s influence.
- IP type. There exist shared and private IP addresses. Numerous accounts utilize shared IPs simultaneously and they face shared reputation. If accounts, which you share an IP with, are marked as untrustworthy by ESP, your IP address is assessed in the same way. The possible solution is to pay for a private IP and earn your own reputation.
- Email volume. This feature is particularly acute for shared IP users. If somebody else with the same IP sends out plenty of messages on a regular basis, it casts shadow on your own reputation.
Domain Reputation: What You Need to Know
Email deliverability may be affected by the domain reputation of a sender. It is a widespread fact that there exist relevant lists of suspicious email addresses as well as fishy domains. If your sending behavior resembles spammer’s actions or your domain is on such a list, you are likely to be flagged as a spammer.
Pay attention to the following features which impact on domain reputation:
- Hard bounces. The more bounces you get, the more suspicious your domain may seem to ESPs as it resembles spammer’s behavior with sending messages to defunct addresses.
- Spam complaints. There’s a good chance the domain will be blacklisted if spam complaints stack up.
- Sending history. Your domain reputation is related to the sending volume and frequency. Issues may arise if you send too many messages from a relatively new account.
- Recipient activity. It’s a good idea to monitor open rate and click-through-rate to find out how you are perceived by your target audience. Your domain reputation gets worse if these metrics are low.
At present IP reputation as well as domain reputation are taken into consideration by mailbox providers. For example, Gmail mainly relies on the domain reputation of the sender. So domain reputation is essential if you care about your deliverability rate.
Clues on How to Improve Reputation and Email Deliverability
Sometimes issues concerning reputation may be troubleshot. When your IP address is on a blacklist, you can try to whitelist it by initiating a removal request to the blacklisting platform. If you deal with an ESP, the best solution is to wait as long as the provider delists your email. It occurs regularly.
Another thing to enhance your reputation is to reduce the email volume. You are supposed to send messages only to engaged recipients not to all users on your list. It will lessen spam complaints. Don’t forget to run an email deliverability test to ensure your emails fall into the inbox.
At times the IP reputation can’t be regained. In such a case, it’s better to utilize a new IP. However, some spam filters might associate the reputation with a new address or domain and your messages won’t land in the primary inbox. Another way is to change the IP, obtain a new subdomain and determine a new sending address and authentication record. This is the best way to reach your aim while it is labor-intensive.
Leave a Reply