Every gambler has their comfort zone, whether it’s in a bricks and mortar casino or playing table games on-screen in the comfort of their own home.
We’re here to delineate the differences between online and live casino games. Neither has a particular advantage over the other; both are simply a matter of personal taste depending on your physical location and preferences at the time.
So, which is better – real casinos or live casinos played online? That’s a matter of personal preference, and there’s no correct answer to this question.
However, we can say with experience that playing online doesn’t necessarily mean losing out on the atmosphere of playing live casino games in real life.
Online casinos go out of their way to make you feel right at home, with welcome bonuses and promotions designed to keep you playing at live casino tables.
The live casino vs online debate is an interesting one. Still, we’re not here to promote either side of the argument; we’re simply providing the information you need to make up your mind.
Many leading online casinos offer live dealer games to give players a great experience, regardless of whether they prefer playing at home or on the go.
Live Casino Features (based on live casinos UK)
There are some advantages to playing any real, live casino games that set them apart from their online counterparts.
For example, you can play with people right in front of you (rather than having to deal with the computer screen), and many casinos provide an excellent atmosphere for socialising as well.
The fact is, though, that playing these casino games does have some drawbacks. For instance, you will find that the variety of games is somewhat limited at a physical casino, compared to live casino sites, as is the availability of incentives like a welcome bonus.
You also won’t be able to play many different versions of roulette because most casinos only offer European roulette.
- You have the opportunity to socialise with other players.
- You can get out of the house and away from the computer screen.
- The psychological aspects of gambling against people in the same room as you, as long as you can play them to your advantage; otherwise, this is a con.
- You may be required to pay an admission fee.
- The number of live dealer roulette games are not as varied as the ones you can play online.
- Another danger of playing at casinos in person is that you’re more likely to be drinking while you play. You should be aware that this could cause your judgement to become impaired, and it could lead to you making some terrible bets.
- The waiting around. Suppose you’ve ever been out gambling before. In that case, you’ll know that there are occasions when tables can get very busy, especially at weekends. So much so that a game can take a long time to start or can even be cancelled altogether. This means that you may have wasted your trip, and either way, it can be frustrating waiting around for so long when you could be doing something else instead.
- Another negative aspect of playing roulette in person is that you will have a minimal range of options for the bets placed on the game, compared with an online site. For example, players who like to place big bets on the outside of the roulette wheel will not be able to do so in a brick and mortar casino.
Online Casino Games Features
Online casinos vastly outnumber their bricks and mortar counterparts and usually offer various games to choose from. However, this doesn’t mean that all casinos are created equal; on the contrary, the market is rife with sites that are either unlicensed or outright scams.
Online gambling has become one of the most popular ways to gamble in recent years, and it’s no wonder why. You can access your favourite casino games whenever you like, from the comfort of your home.
Numerous online live casinos in the UK also offer a range of alternative games, such as poker and bingo. The convenience that they provide means that there’s never been a better time to play in an online casino. You can even bet on a number of live sports, such as horse racing and football.
The option of playing live dealer casino games blurs the difference between playing a live casino game in brick and mortar casinos and playing purely online -it’s the best of both worlds. You can play live dealer games like blackjack and poker.
- There is no need for clothes that are appropriate for the casino. You can play in any outfit, even in pyjamas. Playing in a casino online does not require a particular dress code, such as suit and tie or evening dresses.
- There is a choice of the best game rooms, and there are no long queues at the entrance. You can check out all the games from any device with internet access – laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Play any music you want, watch TV or enjoy the silence whilst you play live casino games online.
- You can take a break at any time and then continue playing.
- You do not need to get up or look for the right place – everything happens automatically. Plus, they usually offer 24/7 access to players from around the world.
- You can play for free. There are loads of games that you can try before making any commitment. This is great if you’re unsure about how to play the game and want to practice first; or if you’re looking to get a feel for the mechanics and see whether it’s your thing or not.
- Not having to leave the house also means no driving home. If you’ve had too much to drink, whether it be alcohol or caffeine, then this can seriously impact your decision making and ability to drive. With an online casino, that’s not a problem because there’s no need for you to drive home. If you’re planning on going out for a few drinks and want to play at an offline casino, make sure that you plan your journey correctly to know how long it will take. You might want to book in advance to ensure the slots are available when you get there.
- Online casino sites often have more competitive bonuses. The online gambling industry is becoming increasingly competitive. Many new players enter the market, and lots of competition between sites. There are also many reasonable offers out there. You may be offered a free spins bonus or some other type of welcome bonus offer when you first register online. As well as this, there are often ongoing bonuses that you can earn for depositing money or playing particular games.
- Lack of the psychological aspects of gambling face to face with your opponents. This is particularly relevant in games like poker but far less relevant in more random games like roulette.
- Lack of socialising. Gambling online, even when playing your favourite live casino games, can get very lonely.
- Playing more games for lower stakes at an online site could be considered a disadvantage. Many players who want to make more significant deposits will prefer live roulette. On the other hand, you can place a broader range of bets on online sites, which could be advantageous for some players.
The Bottom Line – Live Casino Games Online or Not?
Gambling in real casinos or a live casino online both come with pros and cons, and one is not better than the other. We encourage you to try both, experiment and find which you prefer because ultimately, you’re still just gambling either way.
Some prefer the sights, sounds and thrills of live casinos and the excitement of mingling with other gamblers. Others like the quiet of their own home when indulging in their hobby.
Ultimately, it doesn’t matter your preferred gambling medium; you’re still at no more significant advantage either way. What matters the most is that you find what you’re most comfortable with and enjoy yourself responsibly.