US Stocks May 17: Which stocks are gaining value and why:
- This week seems to be one of the best from January. After some gains racked up on Monday, today almost all the stocks and all the majors were in the green.
- Indices gained a few points (which is not something easy to see in these last sessions) More in detail: S&P rose 2%, NASDAQ +2.7%, and Dow Jones Industrial Average gained +1.34%.
The tech market skyrocketed today in almost all his specializations from software development to chipsets. Let’s see in detail how the Big of the industry performed: Microsoft and Meta, respectively up 2.03% and 1.29%: Amazon (+4.11%), Snap (+4.78%), and Netflix (+2.17%), Google (+1.66%), Paypal (+2.70%) and Twitter +2.49%.
Chipset producers AMD and NVIDIA respectively gained +8.73% and +5.29%.
The smart mobility sector saw Lyft (+3.03%) and Uber Technologies (2.59%) in an upward trend. Partially recovering from the losses stacked in the latest sessions.
The energy sector kept following its rally, after a few tough sessions experienced in the last weeks. Investors keep feeling cautiously optimistic about the future of the industry.
Among the major gainers: BP reported a +1.48%, Baker Hughes (+0.66%), APA(+1.72%), Devon Energy Corporation (+2.24%) Schlumberger NV (+1.92%), Halliburton (+0.83%).
Nudged from the stake done from Berkshire Hathaway (read Warren Buffett) to Citigroup the banking sector skyrocketed with certain stocks up more than 5%.
For example, bank stocks this 17 of May recorded: Signature Bank and Citigroup are again on the positive side of the book, respectively up +5.30% and +7.56%. All the others followed: Visa (+3.13%) and American Express (+3.46%), JPMorgan Chase (+3.31%), Morgan Stanley (+3.79%), Goldman Sachs +3.14%.
The air-travel companies overwhelmed by the enthusiasm performed very positively: Boeing lost around +6.45%, United Airlines stock the only one in green (+7.88%), Alaska Air Group (+5.31%), and American Airlines (+7.67%).
Most traded stocks:
- AMD 8.73% 163.11M
- Apple 2.54% 75.90M
- NVIDIA 5.29% 58.01M
- Walmart -11.38% 43.94M
- Microsoft 2.03% 28.64M
Top Gainers of US Stocks
- Immuron 62.31%
- Eos Energy Enterprises 41.79%
- FlexShopper Inc 36.88%
- Sunlight Financial Holdings 36.14%
- Talaris Therapeutics 35.93%
Top Losers of US Stocks
- Autoweb -65.20%
- Enjoy Technology -52.79%
- Imperial Petroleum -34.58%
- AN2 Therapeutics -30.87%
- Embark Technology -30.57%