Walmart is an American retail corporation. It has chain of hypermarkets, grocery stores etc. it is now possible for individuals to buy BTC at Walmart but in a slightly different way. Buy Bitcoin at Walmart.
When people say you can buy BTC at Walmart they might be saying it in a different way than you think. Walmart does not actually sell BTC and it’s not like you can go there to buy them directly.
How to Buy BTC with Cash at Walmart?
But what Walmart does do is facilitate money transactions and through these transactions you can buy BTC. The transactions that I am talking about are Walmart2Walmart money transfers.
With the help of transfers (Walmart2Walmart money transfers) one can deposit cash to the teller at Walmart (usually at their customer service area) and have it transferred over to a BTC seller. The transfers can be made by anyone at Walmart store.
Walmart is not actually selling the bitcoins, a person has to follow certain step to complete the order.it charges a small fee for sending money. They charge as follows:
- $4 fee for a $0-$50 transfer
- $8 fee for a $50-$1,000 transfer
- $16 fee for a $1,000-$2,500 transfer
However, Walmart doesn’t have direct purchasing of the bitcoin from their stores.What they do is an online cash transaction.
- Get a BTC wallet. You can read the reviews to find what you really need.
- P2P exchange. Select the person-to-person marketplace. The system will pair your location with that of sellers in the area nearby. I would suggest LocalCoinSwap or Paxful (the fees are a bit expensive here). You can buy BTC with online transfers, debit/credit cards, gift cards, and in cash deposits, which is the category that Walmart2Walmart transfers falls under.
- Choose the amount of BTCs you want to buy and enter your email to sign up.
- Select your payment method for cash deposits. Then you will see a list of payment options on the left hand side of the page in which you will see Walmart2Walmart listed.
- Drive to Walmart to deposit the cash, and have the money transferred to the seller’s Walmart. All the information you need as far as where to transfer the money will be listed on Paxful.
- Verify the transaction by uploading the receipt you got from the teller at Walmart.
- The seller will release the BTC to you within 3 hours, perhaps even in as little as 10 minutes. It depends on the seller.
Buy Bitcoin at Walmart
Read also about: ICO Rating