- S&P fell 1.7%, NASDAQ -2.3%, and Dow Jones Industrial Average lost -1.1%.
- The market tumbled today due to the weight of the tech stock.
- On the rise the energy sector which saw the petroleum companies and energy, in general, performing above the average.
- The financial sector was mainly in red.
- The air-travel companies as well performed very badly.
This Wednesday saw all major indices ending the day down at the closure of the market session: S&P fell 1.7%, NASDAQ -2.3%, and Dow Jones Industrial Average lost -1.1%.
The market tumbled today due to the weight of the tech stock. All of them ended the session mainly in red: on the chip production side AMD (-0.91%). The other tech companies followed the downward trend with Amazon (-3.20%), Google (-0.54%), Meta (-4.51%), Microsoft (-3.32%), and Netflix (-6.35%). In sharp decline as well Snap (-4.59%), Paypal (-4.55%) and Twitter -2.48%.
The two giants of the smart mobility sector decreased their value again in the last session: LYFT lost by -6.74%, and Uber Technologies slipped by -4.65%.
On the rise the energy sector which saw the petroleum companies and energy, in general, performing above the average: BP reported a +1.10%, Baker Hughes (+5.42%), APA(+2.46%), Devon Energy Corporation (+1.44%) Schlumberger NV (+1.27%), Halliburton (+1.14%).
The financial sector was mainly in red, except for Visa (+1.62%) which ended in the day in green. The other financial services companies performed quite badly: American Express (-1.51%), JPMorgan Chase (-0.63%), and Goldman Sachs (-1.15%), Morgan Stanley (-1.71%).
The air-travel companies as well performed very badly: Boeing lost around -2.68%, United Airlines stock (-2.13%), Alaska Air Group (-3.50%), and American Airlines (-3.62%).
Most traded stocks:
- Apple -5.18% 138.40M
- AAMD Stock | Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Stock Price & News (fintechzoom.com)
- Coinbase Global -26.40% 66.09M
- NVIDIA -5.48% 65.60M
- Microsoft -3.32% 44.10M
Top Gainers of US Stocks
- Armstrong Flooring 237.00%
- Regulus Therapeutics 54.83%
- Sunlands Tech 34.29%
- Immuron 30.19%
- Pershing Square Tontine Holdings 28.30%
Top Losers of US Stocks
- View -62.04%
- Redbox Entertainment -51.86%
- IT Tech Packaging -43.69%
- Redbox Entertainment -42.86%
- Unity Software -37.05%